Sign Permits


Submit a permit on the Cascade software

As of March 15, 2021, permits need to be submitted using the new Cascade Permitting Software. If you are unable to utilize the Cascade computer software, which will help process this and future projects quicker, we can accept a manual permit until April 19th which includes the process of using an excel application, not a PDF application.  (see link to Manual Permitting instructions in the left side bar of this page)

Please note that all Monument construction permits will still go through Monument and PPRBD. Any "minor" permits such as electrical, would only go through PPRBD. Any work done within the Town border would still also need a Town of Monument business license. For more information you may go to our FAQs page

For more information on Planning and Building Permits, go to "
Planning Page"


A sign permit is required for permanent commercial and residential signage, as well as temporary signage, such as a real estate sign.

Sign codes link


Sign Permit fees are as follows:
  • Permanent signs are $100 
  • Temporary signs are $15 

Downtown Signage

Are you a Downtown Monument business owner and unsure of what type of signage is allowed? Please refer to the Downtown Sign Regulations (PDF) document.

These requirements are specific to businesses in the Downtown B-Business Zoning District. A location map is provided in the document.

Sign Code Compliance

Visit the Code Enforcement Sign page to ensure that your sign adheres to City policy.


The Town of Monument does require a business license for any work performed within the Town Limits. This can be applied for and paid at the Town offices or on the Town of Monument website. 

You can also verify that your contractor has obtained a business license and a permit by calling the Town at 719.481.2954

Fees & Payment

Can be paid online within Cascade permitting software
Please keep in mind that location of the development may require additional fees, such as Triview. Visit the Maps page for the location maps of these districts.

The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.