All other Construction/Engineering permits



As of March 15, 2021, permits need to be submitted using the new Cascade Permitting Software. If you are unable to utilize the Cascade computer software, which will help process this and future projects quicker, we can accept a manual permit until April 19th which includes the process of using an excel application, not a PDF application.  (see link to Manual Permitting instructions in the left side bar of this page)

Please note that all Monument construction permits will still go through Monument and PPRBD. Any "minor" permits such as electrical, would only go through PPRBD. Any work done within the Town border would still also need a Town of Monument business license. For more information you may go to our FAQs page

For more information on Planning and Building Permits, go to "
Planning Page"

Land Development- 

This provides the linear footage or acreage for all new infrastructure 9sidewalks, sewer, drainage etc.) on a site prior to development.

Demolition and Removal-

Demolition Permit  is required prior to demolishing or removing any building or structure that required a building permit for the initial construction. Any requirements of the State of Colorado must also be satisfied. Prior to the removal of trees that are not dead, dying or diseased, a Tree Removal Permit  must be submitted and approved. Control of disturbed surface areas is required for all development. Methods to control dust emissions must be provided on the Dust Control Permit 

Road & Traffic

Traffic control measures, jacking and boring, and/or creating a road cut can be applied for with a Right-of-Way Construction Permit .

Important notes:

  • The property must be located within the Town limits
  • You are required to obtain inspection permits from Pikes Peak Regional Building Department 719-327-2880


The Town of Monument does require a business license for any work performed within the Town Limits. This can be applied for and paid at the Town offices or on the Town of Monument website.  

You can also verify that your contractor has obtained a business license and a permit by calling the Town at 719.481.2954


 The Town of Monument cannot have a main Cascade Account that does have matching Town of Monument Business License Account information. There are two options when setting up the main account within Cascade: 

  1. Preferably the Contractor doing the construction work on a construction project would be the one to set up the main account in Cascade. They would need to ensure they have a town of Monument Business License that matches their business name and address. If there are others such as an architect or other administrative company overseeing a project, they could be set up as a “User” under the main Contractor’s account (with their own password and ID).   
  2. Another option-If the main company who is representing all of the construction work for a project, wants the main account in Cascade to be in their name, they will need to apply for a Town of Monument Business license prior to setting up an account within Cascade. Then, if there are subcontractors doing work for this company (who also have a Town Business License), they could be set up as a “User” under the main account (with their own password and ID).  

Fees & Payment

Please keep in mind that location of the development may require additional fees, such as Triview. Visit the Maps page for the location maps of these districts.
You MUST pay for your permit only when approved.
You may pay by Cash, Check or Charge for the Town permits. Triview fees must be paid separately.

The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.