Land Use Permits


A Land Use Permit is required for new, or additions to, commercial or residential structures.

When submitting new build permits, please provide the following:
  • 8 1/2 x 11 copies of the site plan and building elevations
  • Completed application
  • Residential Builder Stormwater Quality Control Permit (for new residential structures)
When submitting permits for additions, please provide the following:
  • If a basement finish-out is proposed, please submit the Basement Finish Letter (PDF).
  • Material estimate, minus labor costs, for residential/commercial additions (this is how fees are assessed)

Fees & Payment

Please keep in mind that location of the development may require additional fees, such as Triview. Visit the Maps page for the location maps of these districts.

No payment will be due at the time of submitting the permit because use tax (Town of Monument or Triview) will not be calculated until processing.  Payment can be made at the time of permit issuance.

Land Use Permit Documents