New Development application processing during COVID-19:
Due to the current COVID-19 emergency, the Town of Monument staff are following CDC guidelines and are available by phone or email. In person meetings are limited to appointments only. We will be processing all new Development Projects as best we can via remote applications such as Microsoft TEAMS meetings, email, telephone, the Town of Monument’s Dropbox (outside Town Hall) and USPS. This may take a bit more time to complete but will ensure your project moves forward. Please follow the checklist below to ensure your project can be processed properly and avoid further delays.
You may call/email Debbie Flynn (Planner) with questions about this process at
719-488-1604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Development Review Applications are submitted to email@example.com along with a scanned copy of your application and retainer fee check.
2. Planning will review the application and fees to confirm if further information is needed.
3. Once confirmed Planning will contact the Applicant via email and the Applicant will confirm that a check as been sent. Please state if you will be mailing the check USPS or via the Town of Monument Drop box. (outside Town Hall).
4. Checks are to be made payable to the Town of Monument. Additionally, on the outside of the envelope please address it as follows:
To Town of Monument, Planning Department
“project name”, “project #____________ (we would provide this detail)
645 Beacon Lite Rd
Monument, CO 80132
5. Your application and all documents will be processed as normal including referrals and comments. At this time, we request that you please submit all materials digitally but can receive at Town Hall by appointment.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience through this emergency COVID-19 CDC recommended process.
Development Pre-Application Meetings
Prior to submitting a new development application, a pre-application meeting is encouraged. This process allows for any questions about the development process, including fees and submittal requirements.
Schedule a Meeting
Pre-application meetings should be scheduled up to one week prior to the scheduled meeting date. Applicants should provide graphic information and a proposed development concept to staff when scheduling the meeting so that feedback can be provided, and questions can be answered.
A development application is required prior to the development of a site. The Development Application includes, but is not limited to, the following information:
Application type(s), ranging from Annexation to a Use by Special Review
Basic project information, such as what development is being proposed
Breakdown of fees paid to the Town of Monument.
A Site Plan Improvements Agreement may also be required for improvements such as public infrastructure and landscaping. This will be part of the Development application process.
Final Pre-Construction Meetings
After development approvals have been made and prior to breaking ground on a new project, a pre-construction meeting with the Engineering Assistant Tom Martinez is required. This process allows for any questions about the construction process to be resolved and the Town to inform the applicant about expectations throughout construction. Meetings can be made by reviewing the Pre-Construction Conference Agenda (PDF) and emailing Tom Martinez.
The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.