- Recruitment of qualified individuals.
- Retention of valuable employees.
- Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
- A safe and productive working environment.
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback.
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun!
The Town of Monument posts all open positions on our Employment page as well as through BambooHR. All applicants are directed to fill out the application and submit your resume along with a cover letter via BambooHR on or before the closing date listed on the open position posting.
Each job opening is filled by using an applicant screening process that ensures that the applicants possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
The interview and selection process may include:
- Written tests to measure job-related knowledge or aptitude in a particular area.
- Oral interviews to discuss applicant's job history and assess oral communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Performance tests to assess a candidate's ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Physical ability tests or medical examinations to assess a candidate's ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Some city positions may require an applicant to pass a pre-employment reference screen, criminal history check, or drug screen.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The Town of Monument is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For public safety positions, polygraph examinations, psychological evaluations, medical evaluations, or background investigations may be used to assess a candidate's suitability.
Medical and Dental
The Town offers rich medical and dental plans for all eligible full-time employees. We offer two separate medical plans, a base plan and a broad network plan, through Kaiser Permanente and we offer HMO and PPO Dental coverage through CIGNA.
Currently these plans become effective the first day of the month following the employee's hire date.
A vision plan is offered through VSP.
This plan also becomes effective the first day of the month following the employee's hire date.
Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Time Off
We offer tiered vacation leave, sick leave and holiday pay to eligible full-time employees. Temporary and seasonal positions are not eligible for vacation or sick leave benefits.
Accruals begin immediately upon employment with the Town.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years Eve
- Personal Holiday - And day of your choice (8 hours)
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment
The Town provides group term life insurance at one times the annual salary for all eligible employees as well coverage availability for spouse and dependents.
The Town offers a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan through ICMA-RC for all full-time employees. The Town does provide a 5% match.
The Town participates in the Fire and Police Pension Associate Statewide Defined Benefit Plan for eligible Police Department staff.
Flexible Spending Accounts
The Town does offer the opportunity for employees to set aside pretax dollars for eligible health care or dependent care expenses through Ameriflex.
The Town offers free YMCA membership for all eligible employees.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Town provides Employee Assistance Program benefits for employees. This benefit provides up to five confidential visits with an EAP provider at no cost to the employee.
The Town offers tuition reimbursement to all eligible full-time employees.