Any commercial Use (for profit activities) of the Lake will require an annual Lake Use Permit, and a Business License through the Town which can be obtained through the Town of Monument Clerk's Office.
These Permits will be accepted beginning Monday, January 8th, on a first come first serve basis with limited space available. Please contact the Public Works Administrative Assistant with any questions @ 719-884-8025 direct. Necessary documents can be found below, please submit complete application in person at Monument Town Hall or via email to email@example.com.
Lake Use Permit Requirements
- A Town of Monument Business License - $75.00 Annual Fee
- A non-negotiable, non-refundable annual Lake Use Permit fee of $250.00 must be submitted (the fees associated with these requirements are waived for any Non-Profit group holding a 501(c)3 designation under the IRS code).
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance with the Town of Monument named as additionally insured is required in the amounts of $1,000,000 per incident and $2,000,000 aggregate and will be provided to the Town before commercial use of the lake.
- Any mobile vendor in addition will require a Temporary Use Permit, mobile vendors are also required to pack out their own trash.
- PLEASE NOTE: For reservations of 100 people or more, a Special Event Permit is required per Town of Monument Municipal Code. An application for a special event should be submitted to the Town Clerk for review at least forty-five (45) business days before the event if it involves the sale of alcohol, and thirty (30) business days before the event for all other special events.