When do I need to get a Building Permit?

Construction Permits are required from the Town for buildings over 120 square feet, basement finishes, kiosks, decks, and additions for example.

A Construction Permit must be obtained for most improvements prior to your obtaining a Building Permit from the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD)

Minor Permits for re-roofing, replacement of water heaters, furnaces, or other plumbing and mechanical permits can be obtained online at the PPRBD website.

If you need a permit, you would utilize the Cascade Permitting Software.

You may also research information in our Town of Monument Municipal Code

visit the Land Use Permits page.

Show All Answers

1. How do i contact Pikes Peak Regional Building?
2. How do i contact Planning or Permit departments?
3. Do I need a permit for a sign?
4. Do I need a permit for putting up a fence?
5. Do I need a permit to tear down a building?
6. Do I need approval to remove trees from my property?
7. I heard about a new development in Town that has raised concern. How do I voice my opinion?
8. I want to landscape my yard. What do I need to do?
9. Is my property in the Town of Monument?
10. What are the zoning and subdivision regulations for a property?
11. What does PRD-2, PRD-4, PRD-6, or PRD-10 mean?
12. What is a Planned Development or PD Zoning?
13. What is my property zoned?
14. When do I need to get a Building Permit?
15. When do I need to get a Business License?
16. Why am I paying additional use tax fees with my construction Permit?
17. What are the Water and Sewer Tap Fees for Triview Metropolitan District?
18. Where can i find information about my property?
19. How do a submit a code enforcement complaint?
20. What is the Land Use Entitlement Process?
21. Do Food Trucks need a permit?